Flyday Fridays: Óbidos

Hello, hello!
P1170894

These are some  photos from last year´s early autumn trip in Portugal. We chanced upon this pretty as picture town called Óbidos on the western part just before we headed towards the seaside towns.

P1170897

P1170908

It´s quaint but very touristy at the same time. I loved this place, I can´t wait to go back soon. :)


P1170887
P1170885

This town is famous for it´s cherry flavored liquor called ¨licor de Ginja¨. A digestive and naturally made alcoholic drink made of sour cherries.

P1170889
P1170888

If I´m not mistaken, a Portuguese king once married his child bride on this church centuries ago. They were only 9 and 10 respectively, hahaha!

P1170893

Remnants of a castle at the top of the town:

P1170898

Just before leaving the place, we just have to taste the cherry flavored liquor, this town´s famous for:

P1170903

We had it on a tiny choclate cup which was edible. It tasted like a cherry flavored cough syrup, hahaha! The hubz finished the drink while I finished the chocolate cup. That´s how we roll, lol! :)

P1170907

After the two-day snow storm, we´re finally ready for some sun and cool weather. I hope the sunny weather continues until next week so that I can take photos outside.

Well, I gotta go. I need to prepare something for my mini-birthday party tomorrow. Keep warm and have a lovely weekend, y´all! :)

Hugs,

Che

Comments

Anonymous said…
I’m not that much of
a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
I'll go
ahead and bookmark your website to come back
later on. Cheers

Also visit my web-site :: Please visit my site

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO, IT´S BEEN A WHILE...

WIWW: What I was Wearing Lately

Camel, what color art thou?