Food Weekened: Merienda Cena

After visiting MIL*, we usually drop by our favorite bar in the neighborhood  for some coffee  and tea or for a merienda( afternoon snack). I love that the beverage also comes with mini-muffins for the sweet tooth although not all bars include this treat in their coffee or tea.

P3200042

I usually order an infusion called ¨poleo-menta or if not chamomile tea which is good for the tummy and drink it sans sugar.

P3200044

Why without sugar? Because together with my tea I also order my favorite carrot cake to share with the hubz:

P3200051

And when the tummy craves for more food, a  piece of this tapa/ pincho, a mini-sized burger stuffed with a tiny a burger patty, a slice of bacon and veggies would be part of the menu too. ;)

P3200047

That´s why, the merienda( afternoon snack) will sometimes turn into merienda-cena ( early dinner snack) when we go drop by our favorite bar. Dinner time usually starts at 9 pm in Spain and so a 6 or 7 pm snack is normal around here and by the way, you don´t say ¨Buenas noches!¨ until you´ve eaten your dinner. In the meantime, even it´s already past 7 pm, you should say ¨Buenas tardes!¨ still. Got that? ;)

So what do you think?

Che


*- Mother- in -law



Comments

Kat said…
omg everything looks sooooo delicious!!!!!! :D

katslovefashion.blogspot.com
Look taste, I think all! :)

vitaMinn style said…
Oh my Che, I gained a pound just by looking at these pix!

I eat my dinner early, so I suppose that's just merienda-cena for you, lol. I noticed Brazilians and Latin Americans eat dinner late too, so they probably take it from the you guys.

G
Anonymous said…
It all looks so delicious!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO, IT´S BEEN A WHILE...

WIWW: What I was Wearing Lately

WIWW: Tonal White